Transport Manager / Fleet Maintenance
We are looking for a full time fully qualified CPC Transport Manager to run and maintain our fleet of vehicles.
Overall responsibilities are running and maintaining a total of 11 wagons, spread over 2 Standard National Operator Licenses. They are a mixture wagons from artics pulling low loaders, flat beds and tippers. To rigid concrete mixers and special types. There are also a number of company vehicles which will also require maintaining.
Reporting directly to the Directors of the 2 companies; MD Aggregate Supplies Ltd and M Downes Earthworks Ltd, day to day responsibilities will include;
Transport Management – Office
- Ensuring all transport documentation and systems are kept up to date, organised and to strict VOSA standards
- Tacho downloads and infringement report management
- Training drivers where required on DVSA driving rules, walk round checks etc.
- Ensuring the wagons are kept clean and in good order by their drivers
- Driver licence checks and declarations
- Keeping up to date and booking in vehicle tax, MOT’s, inspections
- Planning all work with the wagons with the office to fit around work schedules
- Movement orders
Fleet Maintenance – Yard/Workshop
- Keeping all wagons road worthy
- Ordering parts
- Job card management/completion
- Assign jobs internally to staff on site
- Signing off defects
- Booking work in with external companies
- Strong management skills
- Able to manage your own time effectively prioritising your workload
- Highly organised, motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Must have a optimistic ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be computer literate
- HGV licence not essential but advantageous
Hours will be Monday-Friday, 7am-5:30pm. Some Saturdays maybe required on the odd occasion.
Job Type: Full-time